The University of Toronto currently offers over 20 fellowships in Tertiary care sub-specialty areas. Our Fellowship Training Program is the largest in the country and provides trainees to numerous national and international centres. The program is constantly modified by the Fellowship Committee through the Executive Committee. The Director of the Fellowship Committee, Dr. Asim Ali, is also a member of the Executive Committee. Close co-ordination between the Residency Program and Fellowship Committee remains a priority of this program.
Click each specialty for more information.
- Cornea & External Disease & Refractive Surgery
- Glaucoma - Adult Comprehensive
- Glaucoma & Advanced Anterior Segment Surgery (GAASS)
- Glaucoma and Anterior Segment Fellowship
- Low Vision Rehabilitation
- Medical Retina
- Ocular Genetics
- Ocular Oncology
- Oculoplastic and Orbital Surgery
- Paediatric Ophthalmology & Strabismus
- Paediatric Cornea and External Disease
- Vitreoretinal Surgery
- Vitreoretinal Surgery - St. Michael's Hospital
Faculty, Coordinators, and Locations
Program Director: Dr. Navdeep Nijahawan
Program Coordinator: Kate Papadopoulos
Details about faculty, coordinators and locations are found on the specialty pages.
• Navdeep Nijahawan (Fellowship Director)
• Asim Ali (Former Fellowship Director)
• Catherine Birt
• Dan DeAngelis
• John Lloyd (Residency Programme Director)
• Efrem Mandelcorn
• Hugh McGowan
• Allan Slomovic
• Alaa Alali (Chief Fellow)
• Reem Alnabulsi (Chief Resident)
For information on license requirements, please see the License Requirement section in the FAQ page located on the sidebar menu.
Fellowship Training application
Application detail can be found here.